Monday, April 26, 2010

IBM semiconductor facility in Essex Junction, Vermont hiring supplemental manufacturing employees

I did want to pass this on for any engineering students at Brown who may be looking for summer work experience. The IBM semiconductor facility in Essex Junction Vermont where I work is looking to hire supplemental manufacturing employees. It may be of some interest to anyone interested in getting some experience in the industry. I personally did this for 2 summers while attending Brown and did help me land my first job after graduation. I know we usually hire local college students to help during the summer vacation season. Students would need to find summer housing, but Burlington is a college town and there are generally many summer sublet opportunities.

Any official openings would be posted at www.ibm.com. The possible summer only positions would be listed as production operators (search with keyword Essex and job area Manufacturing). There are a couple of official co-op/intern positions open in our division as well as some entry level positions listed in our division.

I'd be happy to talk to interested students, although I will say up front that my influence on helping them successfully get hired is likely extremely limited.

You can have them contact me via email (shelden@alumni.brown.edu).

Andrew Shelden '94
Sc B Material Engineering